Solved: How to Fix Microsoft Outlook Error 0x800ccc1a?
May 3rd, 2019
In this blog, you will get to know about how to fix Microsoft Outlook Error 0x800ccc1a. Outlook has got the multiple features which makes it popular among users like it sends and receives email and also manages data items. The given error may arise due to a number of reasons. So, here we will discuss the major causes behind this error and also the best possible solution to overcome this issue.
Reasons Behind Occurrence of Error 0x800ccc1a
There are multiple reasons behind the occurrence of this error. Some of them are given below.
- Improper Installation: The error may be caused due to the improper installation of Microsoft Outlook.
- SSL: This type of error is caused when you try to connect to the mail server through SSL (Secure Socket Layer).
- Virus Attack: Virus attacks and malware attacks can result in Outlook error.
- Improper Shutdown: Improper shutdown of the system can also result in showing the error message 0x800ccc1a
Methods to Fix Microsoft Outlook Error 0x800ccc1a
Here are some methods to resolve this Outlook error.
Method 1: By Reconfiguration of Outlook
For Outlook 2007
- First of all, open Microsoft Outlook
- Then go to Tools and click on Account settings
- Now, select the email and click on Change in the email account Windows.
- Then click on more settings.
- From the Internet Email Settings window click on Advanced tab and uncheck This server requires an encrypted connection(SSL).
- Click on OK button then click Next and finally click on Finish.
- Now click on Close and restart Outlook.
For Outlook 2010, 2013, and 2013
Follow the below steps:
- Open Microsoft Outlook
- Then click on File and select Info.
- After that go to Account Settings.
- In the Email Account Windows, select the email and click on Change.
- And then click on More Settings.
- From the Internet Email Settings window, click on Advanced tab and uncheck “This server requires an encrypted connection”.
- Click OK followed by Next then click on Finish.
- Now click on Close and restart MS Outlook.
Method 2: By using Windows System File Checker
- Click on the Start button and type Command in the search box.
- While pressing ctrl+shift, click Enter button.
- A dialog box will appear, click Yes.
- A black window will appear with a blinking cursor.
- Then type scannow and click Enter.
- Now System File Checker will scan all the errors.
Alternative Method: Repair the PST file by using the inbox repair tool
If the above methods do not work well to fix the Outlook error 0x800ccc1a, then the error may be caused due to the corruption in PST files. So, in order to repair the PST file follow the below procedure.
- Click on File Explorer and then go to the path: \Program Files\Microsoft Office\ Office12 folder
- Then click on scanpst.exe and browse to select the corrupted PST files.
- Then click on the Start button to repair the corrupt PST file.
- Now click on Repair to repair any error incur.
- Once the repair is complete, click on OK.
Also Read: Top Methods to Fix Outlook Error 0x80004001
If all the above methods fail to fix Microsoft Outlook Error 0x800ccc1a then you must go for an automated tool. As the above methods are time-consuming and require technical expertise to fix the error. So, to avoid such problems I would like to recommend Outlook PST Repair Tool. This software is highly efficient to fix the corruption in PST file and also supports the recovery of encrypted and password protected PST files.
In this technical guide, I have mentioned all the best possible ways to fix Outlook error. The manual technique, as well as the automated solution, has been described in detail. Now, it’s your call to select the best solution. Hope this article helps to resolve your query.