The data recovery heroes would help you how to import MBOX to Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010 easily and why can’t a user open MBOX file in Outlook?
The MBOX file format is used by most of the email clients these days to store their data. It stores its data in text format and attachments in encrypted file format. Many email clients like Apple Mail, Entourage, Thunderbird, SeaMonkey, Opera Mail, Eudora, and more utilize it to govern their emails productively.
However, the MBOX format has few downgrades too and one of the major defects is, it is platform dependent. Let me explain in brief, all the email clients using MBOX are desktop based which means they have store all their data on the local system. So it becomes impossible for a user to access the MBOX file on another system. And if he needs to access his data somewhere else, a conversion will be needed.
On the other hand we Microsoft Outlook which has all the premium features and more secure than any other email client. It is used by big figure companies as well as startups. That’s why many user imports from MBOX to Outlook. But there is one small problem, MBOX files cannot be opened directly in MS Outlook until they are converted into PST.
Let us discuss what methods you can use to import MBOX file into Outlook.
How to Fix “Cannot Open MBOX file in Outlook” error?
Trying to open MBOX file in Outlook is totally a waste of time. So without wasting any time let’s get straight to the topic. Basically, there are two primary ways to perform the conversion. One is manual and the other is automated. Both of them have their pros and cons which we will be discussing later.
Method 1. Manual method to import MBOX file to Outlook
I am taking MBOX files from a Mac-based email client and will convert it into Microsoft Outlook.
Note: Before initiating the process create a backup of your file. This method lengthy so be patient and you need to install Eudora and Outlook Express on your system to complete this task.
A total of four steps is involved in it.
Import Apple mailbox data into MBOX file through Apple Mail.
- Open Apple Mail and navigate to File >> Import Mailboxes.
- Import dialog box would appear, now select File in MBOX that you want to import and click on the Continue.
- Go to the saved location of the MBOX file and select it to import.
- Click on the Done after the import finishes up.
Moving the file from Apple Mail to Eudora.
- Make sure the MBOX file is named with the .mbx extension, if not, then rename it.
- Move the file to the default directory i.e. “C:\Documents and Settings\ Application Data\Qualcomm\Eudora”
- Launch Eudora and open the MBOX file.
- Close Eudora.
Migrating the file from Eudora to Outlook Express.
- Open Outlook Express and navigate to File >> Import >> Messages.
- From the appeared list, choose Eudora and click on the Next.
- Go to the Eudora location where you saved the .mbx file.
- Click OK >> Next >> Next >> Finish.
Importing the file from Outlook Express to Microsoft Outlook
- Open MS Outlook and proceed to File >> Open >> Import.
- New Import and Export Wizard would open up, now select Import Internet Mail and Addresses.
- Tap on the Next and then select the Outlook Express option.
- Make sure that the Import Mail option is selected.
- Click Next >> Finish.
After following the above-mentioned steps precisely, your MBOX (Apple Mail data) become accessible through MS Outlook.
Pros- It is free to use.
Cons– It is very lengthy and complex that requires sound technical knowledge.
Method 2. Automated Solution to Open MBOX File & Import into Outlook
To eradicate the downgrade of the manual methods, this automated method was developed to import MBOX files to Outlook effortlessly. This method provides a more safe, quick and risk-free conversion of MBOX to Outlook. So if you ever want to convert than without wasting time download MBOX Converter. It is 100% safe and fast. This tool supports more than 20+ email clients and can convert multiple MBOX files at once. With this tool, you can convert MBOX files not only in PST but also in EML, RTF, HTML & MSG format. Its prime feature is it can even convert corrupted MBOX file. Also, it is very well developed to convert emails, notes, contacts, journals, calendar items, etc. stored within the MBOX file. It’s simple and easy to understand GUI guides a non-technical user to run it flawlessly.