Remove Duplicate Emails in Outlook – Easy solutions
Ever noticed the same Emails more than once in Outlook? It’s probably one of the most annoying things Outlook Sending Duplicate Emails. Not just one or two mail with copies but a plethora of Emails appearing more than once in your Outlook mailbox. Outlook Duplicate Emails not only hampers your productivity and make your mailbox heavier but also responding to the same Email twice seems highly unprofessional.
Why am I getting Duplicate Emails in Outlook 365, 2019, 2016, 2013?
- Problem: The server has a corrupt copy of the Email, which generates multiple emails when Outlook begins it’s send/receive process.
- Fix: Login into the server and delete the corrupt/affected Email.
- Problem: Outlook Downloading Duplicate Emails due to Incorrectly configured rules: If some rules are in such a way that fulfills conditions present in multiple rules, it generates the same Emails in the folder.
- Fix: Check if rules which may give similar result exists and change them as desired.
- Problem: The checkbox for “Leave a copy of the message on the server” is ticked.
- Fix: Go to Account Settings->More Settings->Advanced, and uncheck the option.
- Problem: Merging of PST or OST files may create copies of identical emails(as they are present in both old and new PST).
- Fix: When both the files containing the same Email merge, manual deletion of each mail is the only in house solution.
- Problem: Subscribing more than once to a mailing list.
- Fix: Contact the person that sends you the Emails to resolve the issue.
- Problem: Configuring multiple accounts.
- Fix: While adding new mailboxes, make sure they are individual accounts and not just aliases of the same mailbox.
- Problem: Short Send/Recieve intervals.
- Fix: In Outlook, go to “Send/Recieve” in the primary toolbar. Click on “Send/Receive Groups” -> “Define Send/Receive Groups”, and In “Schedule, an automatic send/receive every” box change the duration.
- Antivirus conflicts: There is a possibility that an antivirus intercepts the Send/Recieve cycle.
- Fix: Disabling the antivirus or configuring the Email security-related option in antivirus may solve the issue.
These are some of the most common issues which result in Outlook Downloading Duplicate Emails.
Now we’ll discuss some solutions in case the above-mentioned fails to solve the present issue.
Using Import/Export to remove Duplicate Emails:
- In MS Outlook navigate to File->Open & Export -> Import/Export.
- Now in Import and Export Wizard, select Import from another program or file option and click on the Next button.
- Then select Outlook Data File(.pst) on Import a file window and click on the Next button.
- After that in the import Outlook Data File window, browse the PST file and select Do not import duplicates option and click on Next to proceed.
- Select Outlook Data File and click on Finish to complete the process.
Outlook Cleanup Tool to eradicate Duplicate Emails:
- Start the MS Outlook program.
- Choose the Inbox folder containing Duplicate Emails.
- Go to Home and click on the Cleanup Option.
- Choose any of the Following: Clean Up Conversation, Clean Up Folders, Clean Up folders and Subfolders.
- To permanently remove the deleted Emails right click on the Deleted Items folder and select the Empty folder option.
Limitation of the manual technique:
- The Cleanup tool generates an error “No messages were cleaned up. Only messages that satisfy your clean up settings will be moved to the trash folder” after the process.
- Old business is having several employees and year’s worth of Emails; there may be a risk of data corruption and loss.
- The integrity of Emails is always at stake.
Therefore it’s advised to opt for a risk-free professional solution like the Aryson Outlook Duplicate Remover tool. It smartly removes all copy Emails and offers other features too.
Why am I getting Duplicate Emails in Outlook is a common query of most frequent Outlook users. To resolve it, we’ve discussed Outlook Sending Duplicate Emails and the problems they cause. Later we go went through some inhouse solutions available for dealing with the same copy of Emails and the robust professional solution available.