How to Fix A Damaged PowerPoint Presentation Easily
Presentations are not only the useful business tools created in powerpoint. The programs can be used for all types of important projects. It can also be used for making videos for clients but sometimes you may encounter unexpected behavior when you work with PowerPoint. The reason may be your presentation could be corrupted or damaged. In this article, I will be discussing the methods to effectively fix a damaged PowerPoint Presentation.
Cause Behind the Problem
When you try to open a presentation you might get the following message:
- This is not a PowerPoint presentation.
- PowerPoint cannot open the sort of file represented by file_name.ppt.
- Part of the file is missing
You receive the subsequent kind of error message:
- General protection fault
- Illegal instruction
- Invalid page fault
- Low system resources
- Out of memory
Methods to use if you cannot open a presentation
Use the given methods to fix your damaged PowerPoint Presentation if you are unable to open a PPT file.
Method 1: Drag the presentation to the PowerPoint program file icon
- Click start and then click Documents or click start and search for windows explorer.
- Now in the Address bar, type %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft Office\Office12 (PowerPoint 2007), and then press ENTER. If you have got PowerPoint 2010 put in type%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\office14 (PowerPoint 2010 64 bit), or %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft Office\office14 (PowerPoint 2010 32 bit), and then press ENTER.
- Locate the Powerpnt.exe icon in windows explorer.
- Drag the corrupted presentation icon from one window to the Powerpnt.exe icon in the other window.
Method 2: Run Scandisk on the hard disk drive
- Exit all open programs.
- Click start and then click computer.
- Right-click the hard disk drive that contains damaged presentations.
- Click properties and then click the tools tab.
- In error, checking click check now.
- Then click to select the automatically fix file system errors check box.
- Now click to select the scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors check box.
- Click start.
Method 3: Try to open the Presentation in PowerPoint viewer.
- Visit the powerpoint viewer download web page.
- Install a powerpoint viewer.
- Open the damaged presentation in powerpoint viewer.
- Click on the damaged presentation and then click ok.
Manual ways to try if you can open a damaged presentation
Save the presentation as an RTF File
One of the best option to recover your damaged presentation is to save the presentation as a rich text format (RTF) file. If this method is successful, it recovers only the text that appears in the Outline view.
Transfer the slides from a damaged presentation to a blank presentation
- Create a blank presentation.
- Copy slides from the damaged presentation to a blank presentation.
The above-given methods may or may not be successful but the software solution will definitely help you to recover all your corrupt or lost presentation and I m sure it will help you in the long run.
If the manual methods do not work then try the PPT Repair Tool. This is the complete solution you were looking for and it is capable of recovering all your corrupted presentations quite efficiently and most accurately. It has got some great features on which you can bank upon.
In this article, I have discussed all the best methods to repair all your corrupt or lost PPT file and given all the manual methods as well as the Automated solution to fix a damaged PowerPoint Presentation.